Re: CF: grade of 1, maxgrace of 2?

On Mar 2, 12:04am, Philip Brown wrote:
> Subject: CF: grade of 1, maxgrace of 2?
> What exactly is the deal with characters, when they have a "maxgrace" of
> 2, but current grace of 1?
>
> I'm trying to have a nice simple routine in the java client that
> puts you at "red" if you have under a certain percentage of any
> state, with a certain amount of numerical rounding going on.
> Taking the rather silly example of if you had 2 hp, and you lost one,
> you'd probably like to see "1" in red.
>
> Is the same thing with grace a good thing? Should I special-case it?
>-- End of excerpt from Philip Brown

 I don't know if I would bother special casing it (I would imagine the same
thing could happen with sp - a beginner character with a low int/pow could
certainly only have a couple sp.)

 I would agree that hp being shown in red is more useful - after all, running
out of hitpoints will cause you to die.  Running out of grace/sp, while could
cause problems which may eventually lead to death, do not directly cause death.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com