Re: CF: Polymorph bug

Christian Stieber (stieber@informatik.tu-muenchen.de) quoted here:

> to make this a different kind of bug report, look at the following
> excerpt:

:-)

> ------------------------------
> Steve shouts: anyone need "eight rock throwers (wc+1)" ?? :)

That's me.

> Steve shouts: you won't be able to pick it up :)

I wonder what happens, when you drop boulders on such a thing...

> Icho shouts: time for a bug report :-(
> Morpork tells you: we are in the castle of eureca... is'skills
> Crossfire died, disconnecting...
> Connection closed by foreign host.

> Steve was polymorphing stuff, so obviously these things are still generated.

I always thought, these things only appear, when polymorphing magic
items (magic archetype/ skill items), but this time, I just
polymorphed _weapons_ (some magic, cursed, etc. though).

> I don't know if the server crash was caused by that --- crashes are nothing
> special, so it might just as well be a random coincidence.

Hmm...I was polymorphing the whole day, and that was the only crash.
I think, it was coincidence...

Another problem is weights.
I was polymorphing stuff to get lots of "Unknown Sword"s (cool weapon) .
The probem is, that this weapon has a weight of 0.01. When polymorph
creates an US, and it has magic bonus/malus (+1, etc), it's weight
is reduced, resulting in 0.00 kg.
But then it is unpickupable ("you can't pick up a Unknown Sword").
Shame :-(

--
bye,