CF: animations bug?

Hi,

a while ago Mark told me how to convert old "anim...mina" maps to the new
animation style. So, I added
  anim GreyAngel
  archangel.111
  archangel.112
  archangel.113
  archangel.114
  mina

at the start of the animations file. The server crashed:

stieber@sunbroy53:~/bin> ./server
Broken Pipe
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I took it out again, and the server ran fine. I inserted it again,
and the server crashed.

I played around a bit, with no success. Finally, I removed it from
the beginning of the file, and added it to the end --- voila, the
server no longer crashes during startup...

However, things aren't really working that great:
Unable to find animation GreyAngel
Unable to find animation GreyAngel
Unable to find animation GreyAngel
Unable to find animation GreyAngel
Object lacks animation.
Arithmetic Exception - core dumped

The objects in the map are
  arch statue
  name Grey Angel
  face archangel.118
  x 21
  y 11
  speed -0.500000
  animation GreyAngel
  is_animated 1
  end

Well, then I noticed that the animations file is sorted, so I inserted
GreyAngel at the appropiate position. Things seem to work fine now.

Conclusion: the animations file needs to be sorted? Why do you expect
people to sort the file manually, instead of just doing it during
reading? :-)

Of course, there must be room for the standard complains: since the
animations are now stored in a single file, map designers can no longer
really use their own animations --- it is never a good idea to force
people to change "system" files. Until now this affected archetypes,
images, recipies etc... now it affects animations as well. What's next?
Maps? Maybe things should be changed --- instead of reading a single
lib/animations file, read all files in lib/animations/. Same for
archetypes, recipes etc.

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber