Re: CF: Play balance

Markus wrote:

>Another idea which comes to my mind is to give wizards/mages some spells
>which can't be learned by fighters.
>Maybe those magic users have a guild, where they can buy the spells
>from?

Or along those lines, place per-skill level restrictions based on class.
The "challenge" classes wouldn't have any restrictions.  Barbarians would
be severely limited in magic, for example.

That way you might have to play a non-fighter class in order to learn
the more powerful spells.  (Especially we go over all the spells and
reassess their level.)

>one good thing would be to limit the items you could use. if you
>couldn't use items which are much more powerful than you are

Personally, I never use offensive magic items, as there's not much
point.  You don't receive any experience when you kill something with
a rod, so it doesn't help you that much.  Of course, it can make
getting treasure easier.  On the other hand, there should be a review
of the various artifact weapons and armour.

--PC