Re: CF: Abusive Artifacts (Was: Re: Making Classes more distinct)

> Seikoh-san writes:
>
> Does Magician's Robe mean magic resistance cloak in Pupland?
> The magic resistance cloak has magic immunity.
> But players cannot get it because the quest is very difficult.
> (I don't care about cheating by crossedit.)

Brian-san writes:

Brian> 	Actually, I was refering to the cloak in the Kundi maps
Brian> 	(in the tower of sorcery). There is a particular "cheat"

I've misunderstood.

Brian> 	possible if the player is magic immune. Basically, the
Brian> 	player casts cleric magic to a very negative grace, this
Brian> 	will ultimately result in a "retributive strike" from the
Brian> 	god. Nothing but magic immune creatures may survive such
Brian> 	an attack. This is unbalancing because a player can wipe
Brian> 	out *everything* with this attack (although you dont get
Brian> 	any experience for the attack). Of course, if the player
Brian> 	is already at the level that they can easily defeat everything
Brian> 	in the game, I guess it doesnt matter. The game certainly
Brian> 	becomes much less fun once you understand how to use
Brian> 	magic immunity..this is one reason I suggest no artifact
Brian> 	be allowed to convey permanent magic immunity (temporary
Brian> 	magic immunity is ok, if its quite difficult to obtain).

I don't know such "cheat"

But why do you think god's retributive strike as magic?
If attacktype of retributive strike doesn't have magic flag,
then the god can hit players who have magic immunity.

I think magic immunity is powerful because there are much magics
which should not have magic flag in its attacktype.
For example, electric from electiric dragon.