Re: CF: Invisible objects

>  However, the party system does make some sense - gives at least a little more
> incentive for people to party together.

Agreed.

>  I wonder if experience gained by party members but who did not directly kill
> the creature (ie, another party member did) should be added to a general
> experience category (not directly associated with any skills, but still counts
> towards gaining levels/hp).
>
>  The other thought would be to add the exp in the category in which the killing
> player used.

Hm... I dson't think these are good ideas. One thing to consider is that,
for example, one player could fight the monsters, another one could
run around and heal the fighter. With the current party system, experience
is awarded correctly --- the fighter gets fighting exp, the healer gets
wisdom exp (unless the healer changes his exp category...).

This is also the classic example where are better skill system would not
work: as it is implemented now, the exp gained for killing a monster
is divided among the party members, no matter whether they actually
did anything. An alternative implementation could record all hits
along with the skill category, player and damage done, so exp could be
awarded based on this data. However, this would still be bad for players
who just helped the other players by healing or casting counterspell ---
they would not get any exp.

One thing that is definitely bad with the current system is that a highlevel
character could try to hurt a monster "badly" (using a weak weapon, for
example, or by casting spells at it), and let a lowlevel character do
the actual killing.

Christian