Re: CF: alters?

James Cameron (cameron@stl.dec.com) wrote:
> Christian Stieber wrote:
> > Most items, esp. those in shops, are created randomly, so they
> > change on every reset.
>
> This is non-intuitive.

It is. It's how crossfire works, so why should shops behave differently?

> It seems more efficient to do this invisibly rather than create a shop
> assistant friendly elf that scoots around between a locked store-room
> and the display area.  The latter would look fun though.  ;-)

Well, the shops are weird, anyway. I'd like to find the place where
some of the items are mode, or the person who carries them to the shops.
Wouldn't it be nice if we knew where the potions of shock immunity,
the enchant armor scrolls, cloaks of the underworld/invisibility or
foobars of berserkergang are made? Unfortunately the ruling ring
(which is one of _the_ items that everybody on my server is looking
for, next to the three primarty pupland artifacts) probably isn't
produced in a factory, since it is not sold in shops.

SCNR,
  Christian

--
Christian (Icho/Gandhi/Ribald @sunbroy53.informatik.tu-muenchen.de, 13326)