Re: CF: Newbie hints

Anthony Thyssen (anthony@cit.gu.edu.au) wrote:

> So even identified zombie corpses (non-magical) get more money?
> Or is it just the magical ones.

Never noticed they are magical (I don't bother checking for that,
and I usually don't buy the skill for some time). Zombie corpses
are valueable, whether you believe it or not :-)

> | Also, once you can cast summon avatar, you will be able to get random
> | artifacts, which is the first step towards better items. Some of the
> | random artifacts will be replaced by special artifacts later on, but
> | I'm still wearing a couple of random artifacts since are are no better
> | special artifacts.
> |
> Now that is a good hint!

Oops? I didn't say anything, not even where the two newbie-artifact
locations are...

> | So building up wisdom experience (which is the easiest) makes it easier
> | to build magic and phyiscal later on.
> |
> I don't know bombs and giants get you a lot of magic experience!
> That is why I am now tenth level magic!

Don't take this personal: poor Anthony... level 10 is "a lot"?

> What is your faviourate first quests?  (this is open to anyone on the
> list)

What exactly is a quest? I only build levels for quite some time, as
well as getting random artifacts. The first special item that I'm
getiing is the cloak of magic resistance. This usually marks the
beginning of the "collect the special items that you need" phase
(except for the Ring of Power --- if the server allows the creation of
money).

> | Bow of Auriga? Or the energy bow from the polymorph bug?
> |
> The former.  Never seen the last two!

Last two? That's a misunderstanding. Some version(s) of crossfire
have a bug related to the polymorph spell (rod) which lets you create
an Energy Bow. That bow is, to my knowledge, not available anywhere.

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber