CF: Client on mono display

Is there any way to do it? I have just bought hercules card and
mono monitor (about 5$ for all), mainly to be able to play
crossfire with someone else. Some time ago crossfire was able
to display font or pixmap, but now I wasn't able to play it at all.
There is no way to enable font use, and pixmaps do not work.

Will I ever be able to play crossfire on my both displays, or
will I play alone forever?

Greets,
    Jacek