Re: CF: Races + Classes

Marc Santoro on  wrote...
| 	Is there any interest in switching to a 'race'/'class' system
| instead of the current system where class is part of the race? I was
| thinking something along these lines:

Good idea. Other than initial character image, skills and items
what other effects does class have in the game?

| 1. Remove the 'classes', like warrior, viking, mage, and such. Have only
| races listed, like human, elf, quetzlcoatl, wraith, dwarf, whatever. Give
| these characters basic skills.
|
| 2. Have players actually pay money to join a 'guild' that will teach them
| various things. Warriors might have a guild that trains strength, while
| mages will have guilds that give them mana and spells. A player does not
| *have* to join a guild, he could always be a 'generic' adventurer. If we
| had a guild system that was well written, I would assume the coding of
| races and such would be made somewhat easier.

The various guilds (Adventurers guild of scorn?) could also supply as
part of `training' access to the needed skill scrolls and/or
talisman/holy symbol needed to play that class too.

Hmm as a limiting method this inital `image' of the race can be used,
then after successfull `graduation' the image will change to the
appropriate `class' type.

Some races however would need to be ``untrainable'' in some skills
inheritently recieving the skills needed (unless they find the rare
skill scrolls) Eg: fireborn and quetzalcoatl.  Also thier image
should not change with skill, unless a special `player' image is
added.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
   Atheism was a non-survival trait on a world with several thousand gods.
                                      -- Terry Pratchett - ``Men At Arms''
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au