Re: CF: Scorn Improvment Wish List

Christian Stieber on  wrote...
| Scott D. Yelich (scott@spy.org) wrote:
|
| > I'm now a level 5 char and I can't find anything to fight that
| > (1) isn't so easy I can kill them without getting hurt (ie:
|
| So you are doing something wrong.
|
| > I have like 21 spell points.  That's just over 3 burning hands,
| > which clears orc and hurts green guys and doesn't seem to
| > phase anything else (ie: ogres).
|
| That's okay. Use it to go up to level 4 or 5 in magic. Then get a
| small/medium snowstorm or frostbolt, and take out wyverns.

Question...  You have used a snowstorm, and all the treasure
is locked up in ice cubes...    What do you do??????

| You don't want to rely on phyiscal for the lower levels. In fact one
| usually uses wisdom and magic for the first 20-30 levels, with phsiycal
| being the least important. Physical gets more effective once you get
| some decent equipment.

Now that is a begineer ``Beyond Basics'' Hint!

However the problem is that you have so little magic power at low
levels. Unless you are fireborn where you could be saving up all your
magic while doing other things.

| > The game just seems to get bogged down around level 5
| > where you can't seem to get ahead.  Maybe because I always
| > play alone and it just gets boring.
|
| Playing alone is _bad_. Crossfire really isn't meant to be
| a single user game.

Though that is the way most people play.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
        How many programmers does it take to change a light bulb?
                  None.  It's a hardware problem.
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au