Re: CF: What's up with this?

Scott D. Yelich writes:
 >  I've also noticed that the GTK client puts little white boxes with a "?"
 >  in them when it doesn't have the image it needs.  I'm on the localhost
 >  with the server -- it doesn't seem like this should be the case (and it
 >  wasn't always the case).  The usual unix stuff applies -- sufficient ram,
 >  no cpu load, no net load, etc.

That's a sign of image caching, I believe. Crossfire puts a question
mark for a picture it hasn't yet downloaded. At least that is my
experience. Try without caching (an option in the GTK client Configure
menu option?)...

--
Shaw's Principle:                                        Maciej Kalisiak
Build a system that even a fool can use,             mac@dgp.utoronto.ca