Re: CF: Scorn Improvment Wish List

"Mark Wedel" on  wrote...
| On Dec 11,  4:24pm, Anthony Thyssen wrote:
| > Subject: CF: Scorn Improvment Wish List
| >
| >   * Add a prision (for atmosphere -- can't do anything much)
|
|  There is already a prison, but that is meant as a place to adventure.
|
|  To see a representation of the monsters, there is the zoo.  But that
|  could be expanded (many new monsters have been added since the zoo
|  first created - also, more information can be added (little signs
|  containing more information sort of like real zoos - something like
|  'the beholder has a mean desposition and typically fries its food
|  before eating them'.

I was thinking of the mundain prison! Not the zoo.

| >   * A secret (well not so secret) access to a single boat to Port
| >   Jospeh, which is an excelent low level area, with no connections
| >   elsewhere.  EG: access to the ship but not the docks.
|
|  Obviously, the stuff in port joseph could just be moved to scorn - as
|  I recally, port joseph isn't a very big place and sort of sits by
|  itself.

I looked at that but even if you move the town parts into scorn, you
still have ``goblin island''. Which could still be a good place an
escaped prisoner would escape to! Especially if that prisioner is a
golbin ;-) So I supose that could still fit with these changes!

| >   * Some connection from oldcity to pirates den. (they overlap to an
| >   extent). You need to be pretty tough to get through and is an
| >   alturnative path to dock area.
|
|  oldcity could be redone a bit - it seems a bit large for me - maybe
|  it is just me, but I did it once, but whenever I start a new
|  character, I tend not to go into that series of maps because the
|  difficulty can vary a bit and it just takes a lot of wandering to
|  find the diferent pieces.

I don't plan on doing much to old city. maybe a minor change to connect
the old city dock area to the pirate cavern.

| >   * Do something with the strong hold.  Prehaps a royal throne with
| >   the court made up of the people who contributed bigtime to game
| >   ;-) EG: Major maps, Programming, etc..  Each could have thier own
| >   bit babble about the aspect they created.
|
|  I would rather make strongholds with a king or something that can
|  send players on more directed quests and get better rewards when
|  finished (right now, the rewards for most maps tends to be some good
|  item at the end of the map).  This works OK, but sort of removes the
|  idea that the player is doing the quest for a greater good - item at
|  the end really makes it seem like the player is doing the quest for
|  his own reward.

The various court members would of course talk about the various quests
in the game they added ;-) but the text of each courst member would
probably need to do set up by each author.

As for the King and Queen, well you originally wrote the game ;-)

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
      A truly good DM uses a good eraser and spells of amnesia.
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au