Re: CF: Proposal for features

> > Yes.  I'd planned to mark each randomly generated map with a sign at the
> > arrival point in it.
>
> the two can be confused then that makes for a better game.  If the fear
> is that players couldn't find the quest maps if there are too many maps
> then add books or such containing legend lore so players can find the
> quest starting point.

This is exactly the issue.  It'll be simple enough to make this a configuration
so everyone can be pleased.  I, however, think that obscuring quest maps
with random maps would suck greatly in cities like Navar.

> The random map generator should have arguments for treasure level and
> monster density.  I think random maps should generally have only crappy
> items and maybe even give minuses to monster's weapons but pluses to monster
> attributes.

I agree on the first point, but the map "style" will determine this.
However I think it's silly not to reward players
appropriately for fighting monsters.  They'll get whatever treasure is
naturally randomly generated at that difficulty.

> Random map generator should also probably have option to make maze vs
> rooms and halls, option for the style of walls/floors and an option for
> monster type.

Only the "maze" vs. "room" part is new.  I personally hate mazes, so I
wasn't considering making the random map generator make them, but you're
right, they should go in.

> As for integrating random maps into the game, I don't think they should
> be randomly inserted at play time into the world.  Standard maps should

How about a middle-of-road course:  not randomly placed in exits unless
the map maker sets a flag in the parent map.

PeterM