CF: partial protection patches?

Hello,

  I had been testing some patches from Seikoh Nishita,
his "improved protection" patches.  I like the patches a lot,
how about trying to get them included in the mainstram?

  What he's implemented is a protection scheme where protecions
come in gradual steps rather than in 2x dam, 1x dam, 0.5x dam and 0x dam
discrete flavors.

  It seems to have most of the desired features:  2 50% protections don't
add up to 1 100% protection, etc.

Regards,

PeterM