Re: CF: whitestar.pyrsonal.org down?

On Dec 9,  6:43pm, Aaron Baugher wrote:
> Subject: CF: whitestar.pyrsonal.org down?
> I've been unable to play on whitestar since last evening.  Does anyone
> know if it's down?

 It should be OK now.

> And along the same vein, now that this list has suddenly exploded from
> a couple messages a week to a couple dozen a day, is there a need to
> split it into two lists -- one for developers and one for players?  Up
> until recently it seemed the list was for discussing development,
> which will mean discussing a lot of things that would be spoilers for
> players.  Is there a need for a separate list to discuss things like
> new servers, tournaments, weapon preferences, etc?  I don't mind
> getting it all, but it's occurred to me that all the posts (including
> mine) about playing topics lately might be off-charter and distracting
> to those discussing development.

 Multiple lists only make a lot of sense of the subscription lists between the
two are very different.  If 90% of the people on the crossfire list are also
going to be on the crossfire developers list, there is not a lot to be gained
execpt for perhaps the mail archives and keeping that seperate.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com