Re: CF: Multiplying inventory

On Mon, Dec 07, 1998 at 11:31:26AM +0100, jajcus@merlin.gliwice.ml.org wrote:
> The problem with closing connection I have solved by fixing socket.c so it resets map the player was on, whem connection had broken.
>
> But I am not sending the patch, because I don't think it is good solution.

I've seen the same problem, and seen this also being exploited in the
server I keep...so I changed the server to save the character when
conection is lost (too bad if the player will next time spawn on top
of a really-big-monster :)
This also makes another 'trick' useless, which is to issue 'save just before
doing something dangerous and if your're about to die then just kill the client
and log on again and continue from where you last saved...

Btw, another trick used to be (still is? with the latest client?) to
issue 'dropall' command and have nothing locked, which would cause the old
client to crash when inventory got empty.

I don't have any patch ready, since I haven't had time to check out the
latest release, but I will make one if someone think it would be useful?
Another thing that's missing from crossfire server is support for linking
against libwrap (from tcp wrappers). I have patched the 0.94.3 to support
libwrap (for better security and control over who can access the server),
but haven't had time to make a patch against the latest server...