Re: CF: patch to server/apply.c to get "marked" item identified first

Scott Wedel wrote:
 > Code using numbers with unspecified meanings is of very poor style.
 > Should use #define to give a name indicating the meaning of the value
 > so that other can read the code instead of having to know what 1 and 2
 > mean for these routines.

Maciej Kalisiak responded:
> Yes, I got lazy. Considering that a lot of the code in apply.c
> uses plenty of "magic numbers", for some stupid reason I didn't want to
> stick out... :)

Be brave and stick out if that is the right thing to do.  Do not hide
behind the failings of others.  Instead of implicitly supporting the
moral lapses of others, stand up for what is right and be an inspiration.

At the very least, bad code with your name on it is much worse than bad
code of unclear origin.

							sdw