CF: Server watchdog

Hi,

I have added an "watchdog interface" to the server, which simply
sends a datagram to port 13325 on the local machine every now and then.
The idea is that another program can watch out for these datagrams,
and kill+restart the server if it doesn't receive one for a while.
The patch is available as
http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber/crossfire/watchdog.diffs
and should not hurt anyone if there is nobody receiving the messages
(it's even compiled conditionally...).

Might be interesting for people running unattended servers --- today I
came into the university, just to find out that the server was hanging.
It gets restarted when it crashes, but not when it just hangs :-(
I'm not sure whether the watchdog can prevent this, but it seems that
the server should be operating normally when the watchdog() function
is called. Guess it's time to update the wrapper program again :-)

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber