Re: CF: losing stuff in apartments?

Steven Unruh (sunruh@jump.net) wrote:

> after the server crashes, all of the items in the apartment in scorn are
> lost.  i can still see the v01, l01 files, but they don't load.  they have
> all of our stuff in them, but they won't load.
>
> any ideas?  my players are getting real upset about this.  one guy lost a
> ring of Elrond is this latest mess.

No problem. I don't know why the server uses lockfiles (but then, running
multiple servers on the same data files probably can be used for cheating,
so that's probably why the server supports that), but you can get your
stuff back by just deleting the *.l01 files.

It's probably a good idea to do something like
  rm .../unique-items/*.l01
before restarting the server, to remove the lockfiles.

Reminds me to add the above to my crossfire-loop program :-)

Christian