Re: CF: Changes?

On Sep 12, 11:41am, Rauli Ruohonen wrote:

> * add a file with list of dm character names (ie. who can DM, instead of
>   a password) What should this file be? Should it replace the old dm_file
>   or should it be a different "Admins" file?

 If you look at teh current dm_file, there are three fields that it can operate
on:

 name, password, or host.

 It can actually operate on all three (ie, name + password + host must all
match), or just particular ones (only name, only password, etc.)

 It would probably be pretty easy to add a fourth field to the file, which is
access permissions.  I think the access permissions where either going to be a
list of commands, but it might be easier to have different access levels or
something.

 Note that any expanded support for custom dm permissions will require a bit of
change in the command processing area - when the player becomes a dm, you then
need to store the dm profile someplace in the player structure.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com