Re: CF: generator timing

On Sep 4, 12:24am, Preston F. Crow wrote:
> Subject: Re: CF: generator timing

> So is there any objection to setting up a script and doing this to all the
> maps?
> What about modifying the editor to create generators like that by default?
> (If I knew what I was doing, I would offer to do that and provide a patch,
> but I'm quite clueless on the technical side of Crossfire, as you may have
> guessed from my various mailings.)
>
> Or does anyone prefer the current maps that send out monsters in synchronized
> waves?

 I think for some maps, the wave approach makes it more interesting (if you can
get in to the generators before the next wave, retreat to a safe spot to knock
them out some, etc..)

 However, if you really wanted to just have all generators random, just edit
the archetype (.arc) file and set the speed appropriately.  Unless a map
specifically overides that, you should get the desired effect.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com