Re: CF: prev on map update (fwd)

>>>>[From Mark Wedel]
     In theory, having the client handle animations should be done.  For
    constant animations (oceans, burnouts, and others), it would be a big gain.
    For animations in which the rate changes (power crystal, and I imagine
    monsters), it gets more complicated.

Hmm. I'm not familiar with how and why the animation rate changes with
power crystals, or other things.
But for "constant animations", as you say, I certianly think it would
be a big win to define a "face", as actualy multiple, ie animated,
pixmaps.

Plus, this has the advantage that if you are on a sucky link.. or have
a slow java client :-( you can turn animations off.

(is there a way to turn off animations that I'm missing?
 I didn't see it in the client spec. Its the one thing that is killing
 performance for me right now. The monsters don't MOVE half so fast as they
 animate, it seems.)