Re: CF: WoR (was: extended map format?)

> Preston Crow > > [idea about map specific items...]
> PeterM          > Word of Recall.
>
> Word of Recall is a massive cheat (IMNSHO).  At the very least
> it should randomly decimate your inventory.  If adventurers want
> to risk going into a level and then stealing a choice item via Word

I've never designed a map which I would mind anyone using WoR
to get out of.  Never.

If you want someone to be unable to use WoR, make it a map attribute.
It's just too handy a convenience.  Playability of crossfire goes
*way* down if players have to go home manually.

Suppose I have to leave the game suddenly?  The last save would usually
suck, and saving in the curent map could bring me back in a *high* risk
situation.

The answer?  WoR.

> This is/was a bug/feature of the Dark Temple(?) map--the crystal
> of power on the bottom level was relatively unguarded to get to,

I designed that map.  All you have to do is drop a little something
where the crystal was, to disarm the trap.
I do NOT care if someone WoR's out of it!
In fact, I consider it perfectly valid.  If not, I would have
no-magicked the place.  Climbing all the way out of that dungeon
was too much of a hardship, in my opinion as designer.

But clever of you to spot the Raiders similarity of that map:
the movie was the inspiration for it.

PeterM