Re: CF: extended map format?

I think this conversation which started with an idea and has now shown
there is a bunch of special cases probably demonstrates having an item
disappear upon leaving a map might not be the best idea.  It might be
better if an item could be defined to be powerless unless the map square
empowers that item.  So it wouldn't matter if player carried item around.
This would also allowing defining religous artifacts that are very powerful
inside the temples of that god, but wimpy elsewhere.