Re: CF: max stats

>> P.F.C. writes:
>
>> If I unapply everything, and issue the "statistics" command, it tells
>> me that my "real" stats are all one point higher than my "natural"
>> stats.
>
>> Not that I mind higher stats, of course!
>
> Briaan writes:
>
>        It occurs to me that the experience objects, which are
>        applied, probably are giving the extra point. When I redesigned
>        the experience code to use experience objects, I put a
>        specific exemption in the living.c file to prevent this
>        from happening. At the last glance, this line had been
>        commented out from the code. I dunno why, since someone
>        else must have done it.
>
>        We can either re-enable this special exemption (which is
>        admitedly less 'clean' implementation since we should be
>        treating all of the objects in an equal manner) or change
>        the documentation.

 It looks like that line was commented out in 0.92.9.  Unfortunately,
the comment I have in both the rcs file and CHANGES file just says we
let exp objects change stats.

 Anyone out there remember why this might have been done?  I have a feeling
that I might have gotten it in some patch.

 Brian: Is there any reason that exp objects change stats right now?

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com