Re: CF: Experience awards with skills, map design

On Sep 1,  4:47am, Brian Thomas wrote:
> Subject: Re: CF: Experience awards with skills, map design
> > From: "Mark Wedel" writes:
> >
> >  I have noticed that a lot of the cone spells that monsters are casting
> > seem pretty wimpy right now - it is almost like NO_CONE_PROPROGATE is
> > set no matter what it is set to in teh config.h file.  I have really noticed
> > this against wyverns - their cone goes 1 space then stops.  This makes a lot
> > of stuff much easier (even if you are sitting next to the monster and still
> > in the area, you are being hit for less time.)
> >

> 	In 0.92.5? Damn. I thought I fixed this. Before, when this
> 	was happening, it was a result of the set_owner code not
> 	seting the spell properties (from the owner) right. Thus,
> 	the wyvern (or whatever) would start casting 0 level spells
> 	which had a range of (you guessed it) 1 (also, the damage
> 	for such spells is quite wimpy too).
>
> 	I'll take another look. Again, I havent seen this on my
> 	server in a while. I can't imagine that this is related to
> 	the invoke bug I just patched.

 Well, I've run into a lot of wyverns and have seen the spell just go one
space.  There are several wyvern nests you can try this out on.  I wonder
if I broke it in my version when I changed the spell casting code..

> >  As said, I fixed the containment bug.  But magical cauldrons seem a little
> > strange - you don't find +3 sacks or +3 quivers.
> >

> 	Well, the magic value on a cauldron does effect the ability
> 	to make a potion. I have no problem with removing this on
> 	an estetic basis though.

 No problem - if there is some use behind it, it makes sense.  Obviously,
a +3 sack has no extra use, so doesn't make sense..

--
 --Mark