Re: CF: Quetzalcoatl

In message <199603180820.AAA05969@soda.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
	Peter Mardahl <peterm@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU> wrote:

> > I have two questions about quetzalcoatl.
> >
> > 1. The archetype of quetzalcoatl has 'can_use_weapon 1' entry,
> >    but treasure of quetzalcoatl in treasures doesn't have 'arch
> >    skill_melee_weapon'.  So quetzalcoatls cannot use weapon.
> >    Is this a bug?
>
> It is if you honor my original intention with which i created
> the quetzalcoatl's.  They are to be powerful spellcasters who
> cannot learn spells easily at all, able to use weapons, but
> unable to use armor.

This is the one I want to hear.  I add the skill_melee_weapon to
quetzalcoatl by following patch.

*** treasures-  Wed Nov 22 17:32:00 1995
--- treasures   Sat Mar 16 20:24:09 1996
***************
*** 2047,2052 ****
--- 2047,2054 ----
    arch book
    end
  treasure quetzalcoatl
+   arch skill_melee_weapon
+   more
    arch skill_missile_weapon
    more
    arch skill_clawing

> > 2. Attacking by clawing skill cannot get physical experiences.
> >    Why cannot clawing skill get experiences?
>
> Sounds like a bug to me.

I change the clawing in skill_params file to followings.

clawing
3 0   0 1.0   0 1 99
--
iKAWAMOTO Yosihisa!               kawamoto@ics.es.osaka-u.ac.jp