which image editing tool to use?

Hello!

	I wonder what image editing tool do you find convenient to use to
edit the pixmap files and bitmap files. The one I was using was quite a pain.
For images that are multiples of 24x24, after drawing the animations, I have
to tediously cut it and number them; flip the cubics and number them again.
I wonder if there is anyone who would like make a image making tool so that
all I need to do is draw the animations and the tool cut it and number them
with preset configurations.

	Thanks for your attentions and regards!

-kundi

P.S. I noticed the up right cubic of jessy_b in my crossedit monster collection
is mis-matched. I can imagine the pain of numbering the cubics for this 4x4
cubic awesome creature :)