Strangeness with with weapon enchantments

	My roommate has come across some unexpected (by my
understanding of what the game is supposed to do) behavior and I was
wondering if someone could clue me in.  (For reference, I am running
0.92.0 with Brian's exp9 skills patches.)  This has to do with
enchanting weapons.  It started when he tried to enchant a weapon with
his mage.  First, he had his weapon as the first item in his inventory
and tried to use a 'Prepare Weapon' scroll (with the appropriate
sacrifice of diamonds) and it told him that the first item in his
inventory wasn't a weapon (despite the fact that it was listed first
and we checked to verify that the inventory display was set to display
all items, not just magical, applied, etc.)  He found that he was only
able to get it to work when he used the rotate keys to until it
specifically said that the weapon was at the top of his inventory.
(I'm not positive about this part, but I think even then he couldn't
get it to work with his mage, but he created a barbarian character for
whom it did work.)  My guess is that this may have something to do
with the fact that (according to Brian's docs) skills are listed as
invisible objects in the inventory (at the top?) and were somehow
interfering (any comments, Brian?).
	Also, I thought already magical weapons were not supposed to
be able to be further enchanted (I've even looked briefly at this
portion of the source a while back to figure out just which magical
items couldn't be enchanted).  In particular, weapons with magical
bonuses (e.g. sword+2).  Yet he was able to use a Prepare Weapon
scroll on a sword +4 which he'd found (and he's successfully put extra
improvements into it).  And the last thing is related: my
understanding is when you enchant a weapon, it is given your name
(e.g. "Gorf's holy mace +10" (this is a real example :)) and cannot be
used by any other character.  But my roommate's character was able to
wield a sword enchanted by another character.  Am I correct in
thinking that something is wrong?

	And one more thing (which should probably be in a separate
message): there is a bug in the handling of some map transitions which
causes a charater to end up in the "ocean" (an all-water map) when
going from one world map to another.  I think it is repeatable, so I
could try to gather some more specific information if someone would
like to fix this.

-Michael