Re: Getting into a crossfire game

Arne Wichmann writes:
> Also sprach Kjetil Torgrim Homme:
> > [Matt Cortes]
> >
> > |   $ crossclient -server
> > |   beer.csua.berkeley.edu
> > |   Failed to add castle:0.0: Can't open display castle:0.0.
> >
> > You need to disable X security by doing
> >     xhost beer.csua.berkeley.edu
> > You should be aware that after you have entered this command, users at
> > Berkeley may snoop you keyboard until you log out. So you should not
> > be entering passwords :-)

You should also make sure your DISPLAY variable is _fully qualified_
i.e it is castle.at.domain.site:0.0. I dont think the crossfire server
gets the domain name from the client, and thus it thinks castle is
really castle.csua.berkeley.edu instead of your machine.

Barrie
--
"When I was younger you celebrated a new job with a couple of beers
 with your mates, not by taking drugs."