The new crossfire version.

Hello.

I have some questions regarding the new version of crossfire.

Do I need any new mapfiles? Can I get the mapfiles for the
new version to work on my old version? (0.91.8)
Do I need to compile the whole pack (shit ;) to play
with the new version or do I just need a binary and
put it in the old crossfire bin?

Could I compile only the crossfire binary and run
it? (precompiled binaries shouldnt work?? paths and stuff..
keep in mind that I'm a user, not a computerexpert..
well, in some areas.. ;)

Why am I asking?? I DONT SUCCED IN COMPILING IT!!
*Sigh*

BTW. We run SunOS 5.4 ?! Solaris something...
Does xfire compile under this OS?

I have crossfire 0.91.8 installed... And its GREAT fun.

Also, is there a easy way to make the /lib/players/
files to only be readable by the crossfire -server ???
Some of my friend (inbluding me... ;) is editing
these files, and it ruins the fun of the game...
Patching xp, keys, stats and more...

last question..
when you die, you loose a random stat?!! Ok,
how do you get those back? With spell of restoration?
Or? Also, some monsters deplet your stats...
What do I do to restore those?? Spell?

Thanks in advande, and the best regards.

Lame questions brought to you by:
           ,,,
          (o o)