Re: Crossfire Races

> >etc>[...]
> >etc>> P.S. I also hacked the disarm code such that the spell gives no
> >etc>> experience there are too many places to get experience without
> >etc>> any risk.
> >etc>
> >etc>This is maybe a good thing. We get level 100 in about 45 min over
> >etc>here... Gige a Spellbook of rune of death to an angel and disarm his
> >etc>traps.
> >
> >Seems a pretty stupid thing to do, I can think of better ways to
> >get to 100th level, most of them are mind numbing though...
> >
>  I think there will always be potential problems of getting experience at
> some point.  I can't think of a good way to fix the rune of death to an
> angel problem.  It could be any rune spell I imagine.  Obviously, you should
> get exp for disarming runes that other monsters created.

Humm, I've been the author of most of the rune code.  I tried to design
the experience from runes to obey the following design:

1)  runes created by monsters inherit their level
2)  characters gain experience according to the deadliness of the trap
    they disarm, which is a function of the level of the trap/rune
3)  At high enough player level, players should get a trivial amount of
    exp for disarming a trap which poses no threat, i.e., 100th gets
    10 exp or something for disarming a 5th level Rune of Death

Now that I know that the rune of death presents a problem, I'll look
again at the experience formula for it.  It may be that the best solution
is just to prevent players from being exposed to an infinite supply of
the Rune of Death.

Regards,

PeterM