bt lighting code

I made a mistake when compiling the lighting code by not putting USE_LIGHTING
in config.h. I recompiled it with the option and when I used it I had some
problems. If I walk into a map with darkness (invisible) set to any level other
than zero and have a torch in the room the game hangs up.  If I walk into a map
with dm as he can see invis nothing happens. Has anyone else seen this happen.
I tried it with Brian's test maps too. No errors reported in the logfile either.
Any clues on this Brian? Hope to hear from you soon...

Thanks in advance,
Akshay
P.S. - Lit torches dont seem to like rooms with darkness>0.