Re: steal abuse

> From: Laurent Wacrenier writes:
>
> ok. theyre is also another abuse : people should be saved (if
> SAVE_INTERVAL is set to 0) after someone has been stolen
			     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

	Ah. Humm. I guess I fail to quite understand. Could
	you (or someone else) elaborate please?  Do you mean
	its possible to steal from a player, kill the server,
	then have 2 copies of the same object??? Im confused.

	I would like to address some of the issues in the message
	Laurent kindly translated. (I dont expect him to respond
	per se to my comments, btw)

>  The author, Ludovic Maillet <lmaillet@ufrima.imag.fr>, regets the old
> version because the game become more and more difficult and his
> old chararacter is now weaker.

	Indeed. Anyone else out there wish the game were easier?
	One thing that (I think) will be fixed in the future is the
	penalty for death. Currently (0.92.1) a player who dies loses
	the *same amount* of xp from all experience categories. This
	means that low-level categories will be very hard hit. This
	"feature" resulted (probably) in a mixup of the patches I
	sent to Mark. In the future, the game should subtract a
	*proportional* amount of xp from every category upon death.
	I can make this (small) patch available on request.

	I do admit to doing my part to make it a bit more difficult,
	but that is my preference. I suppose if enough people wanted
	the game easier things can be changed that way (heh, or made
	more difficult than they are now :) Comments?

>  He proposes also that the classes should be more distinct (fighters
> should have more adventages fighting, clerics and wizards different
> spells (and some spell should be for both clercics and wizards)

	Ah. Well, I think that is the case now. The only way I can
	think of making classes more distinct would be to limit the
	access of certain skills by class. For example, only wizards
	may ever obtain the spell casting skill. Not my desire, as I
	feel that all classes should have access to all skills. Limiting
	access to skills would make the game even harder btw.

> Some classes (monks) are very low.

	They are quite challenging to play. I have thought about
	making their unique skill "meditation" more powerful to
	compensate.

	Hmm. Well, I think
>  He would also a system allowing player to enter in the game history
> permanetly, like buy a house, engrave a mark...

	This is possible to do now. I have implemented some maps that
	allow this. All that needs to be done is UNIQUE_ITEMS be defined
	in config.h. Kundi (one of the maintainers of the berkeley server)
	has implemented some of my old maps. On that server, I however
	encountered problems with the UNIQUE_ITEM code. I need to get back
	with him to figure out whats wrong....

						b.t.