Re: Xpm error in crossedit

> Ok, but if this is not a real problem (?), then why does it show these
> messages?

Nobody hasn't yet removed them, but I think there is no reason why
that can't be done.

> Also, I find the "exit map" messages when moving from
> one world map to another to be distracting.

The main reason why they are shown is probably because they are
same kind of exits like normal buildings and teleports, and nobody
hasn't made them special cases.

> I can run crossedit just fine with the font graphics.
> The "XCreateCursor" crash only occurs when I run with -xpm.

I did try it and there really is a bug in crossedit, but it has
nothing with to do with color pixmaps or linux. You did mentioned
in our first mail that you started editor with command 'crossedit -p -xpm'
which causes the problems. That command tells editor use bitmaps
and pixmaps, and only one (or none) of them should be used. The quick
fix is start editor with command 'crossedit -xpm' and bug should be
disappear. :)

The better fix for the next version is add a check in AppCreate, where
command line parameters are parsed to make sure if color_pix is true
then use_pixmaps are false. Hopefully Mark add this in next version.
Also usage message and man page could be updated to include these
two options (-xpm and -pix).

> Oh, also, is anyone running crossfire on a Linux box with the sound
> effects?

I haven't tried with the latest version of crossfire, but some older
version sounds worked (and rplay works under linux).

  -Tero