many thoughts.

 While having a unique bitmap for each race & class, there are a few problems:
What a character wears will determine much more what he looks like than
his class.  A cleric wearing chain and a fighter wearing chain will look
much closer than a fighter wearing chain and a fighter wearing nothing
at all.

 One solution would just be to let the player choose which image they
want to represent their character.  Players could choose images that don't
look like their characters, but that will happen if they are assigned
via race or class in anycase.

 Experience:  It seems to me, that additional experience fields only need
to be added to the player structure.  Monsters gaining experience doesn't
really happen, so why are 4 experience fields stored in the object
structure (only thing I could think of would be if you want to give
different types of experience for killing a monster..)

 What would probably be the best way to change the experience system would
be have an add_player_experience function.  What would be passed would
be what was killed (monster, trap, door, etc.), who killed it (player),
and what killed it (sword, fireball, lockpick, etc..)

 This would then make it easier to add and tune experience.  Mages are
getting to much for killing things with fireball?  In that case, by just
modifying that functin, you can tune it.  Likewise if you do want to add
new experience or skills - only that function needs to be updated (door was
killed by lockpick, so we increase lockpick skill instead of thief experience.)

 --Mark