Re: traveller's guide to the crossfire world

Simon writes:
> If I was a tourist in the crossfire world, and you were a resident,
> where would you recommend I go?

This isn't an answer to your question, but you remind me of something
I've been thinking recently, namely that it might be a nice touch to add
a travel agency to the city map.  It could either be set up as
a room with people you could talk to or as a place to put brochures
which describe certain places to go and where they can be found.  As new
maps are developed the developers could update the travel agency
as well.   For more advanced maps/quests the brochures could actually
cost some money, or the travel agency could sell a ticket needed
to get to the start of the map (e.g. to get on the boat that takes
you there).  I think that aesthetically this is superior to just
listing everything on signs in the middle of town.

Note that this shouldn't necessarily replace the function of the
taverns as a source of information, just provide a means of getting
people interested in exploring various parts of the world.  The
information in the travel agency could be centered around where you
can go and how to get there, taverns could provide information on what
to do once you're there.

--Ken

| Ken Woodruff           | Most Latin words in -us have plural in -i,  |
| woodruff@cadence.com   | but not all, & so zeal not according to     |
+------------------------+ knowledge issues in such oddities as hiati, |
| Disclaimer: What tote  | octopi, omnibi, & ignorami; ...             |
| bag full of $20 bills? |     Fowler, "Modern English Usage"          |