Re: Dang Blasted Key Bindings

 This is the first I have ever heard of any key binding problems.  I would
greatly doubt that the code is crossfires problem - it could be that
you have a very nonstandard keyboard, or your X Server is doing something
weird.

 What crossfire thinks is the keyboard state can become a bit off at times.

 This happens when you are holding a key, leave the window, and then lift
off the key.  Crossfire never sees the key release, and thus thinks you
are still pressing it.  But fix for this is to re-enter the window and
press that key again (what key it is usually is not hard to figure out).

 My guess would be that your X server changes the Key syms for your
keypad depending on whether the shift or control key is pressed down.
One solution would be to try something like:

 'bind -f fire east'

 Then when it asks for the key, try to make sure that you are pressing
both the shift and the 'right' key.

 If you are the only one playing on your server (or even if you aren't, but
this may otherwise cause problems), look at the lib/def_keys file.  It
would probably be quicker to add to that file instead of doing all the
bind commands, and this will also work across characters (but I am not
sure if it might mess things up for certain keyboards).

 Add a line like:

'Right 1 A east'

 (with quotes removed).  You can do the same for the other directions, and
see if it works.

 --Mark