Re: summoning

> Akshay Srinivasan writes:
>
> I have noticed that summon cult monsters can summon monsters who are more than
> 1 square in size and for some reason when you run against them they block you
> instead of switching positions and getting out of the way.  This is not a very
> pleasant and it would be great if it were fixed.

	I coded that spell; it is basically a hack on the older summon pet
	monsters spell. I have'nt checked the code to find the 'problem', but
	I imagine it lies somewhere within move_player() not allowing
	the player to displace friendly multi-square monsters.

	When I first saw this effect, I assumed it was intended. How likely
	is it that a player can make a huge monster get out of his way?

	Also, I forsee difficulties in making the player and multi-square
	creature trade places when the geometry of the room is bad (like the
	player is in a small space that the monster has to trade into).

	Since multi-square monsters can be quite powerfull (you summoned a
	troll, correct?) not being able to make it move out of your way
	seems like an appropriate limitation to me.

						b.t.