Re: processor speed

Also sprach Guy Williams:
> Does anyone know how much processor speed is needed for a 4 or more
> player game.  I have a 486sx3/75 IBM Blue Lightning CPU with 20 Megs
> of RAM running Linux.  It runs fine with two players and I am
> thinking about putting it on the net but it is a hassle and I only
> want to do it if it is powerful enough.  If its not, which would be
> better more RAM or a faster cpu (maybe one with an integrated NPU.)

Hmmm... We are running a crossfire over here with usually up to 10 People
playing. We are running on a DX2/66 with 16M RAM. RAM or Processor speed
has not been much of an issue. The main problem seems to be network speed.
(We still use the old client software)

cu

AW
--
Wer geteilt ist hat nichts mitzuteilen (Einstuerzende Neubauten)

Arne Wichmann (aw@math.uni-sb.de)