Help - Firewalls

andrew c. tanner writes:
 > >From crossfire-request@ifi.uio.no Tue Apr  4 21:40 CDT 1995
 >
 > Peter Mardahl writes:
 >  > What happened to client/server?  It didn't seem done in 91.7.
 >
 > 	You think you C wizzes could put in some sort of telnetable code in
 > the client so it could be used behind a X firewall? Anyone found any ways to
 > breakthrough firewalls? Much appreciated...
I assume that you're talking about the telnet client or something like that?
The one which needs to to xhost to the outside?  I remember someone had
an x forwarding tool they used to get through a firewall.  The new client
will only require that you be able to open a tcp connection on an arbitrary
port in the outgoing direction.
	-Eric