Re: Destruction

In message <199409221748.TAA10871@katoof.dtek.chalmers.se>, Christian Magnusson writes:

>Hi again..
>I have rather decided to make a server which not crash under any
>circumstances... :)

Everyone will thank you for it if you succeed.

>I think Crossfire should be concentrated on players around level 6-15.

I don't.  The game can support higher level players.  So why put blinders on?

>so on...  Don't spend so much time on making mega spells for those
>level 60-90 players...

I have a feeling that nearly all of those spells are turned off.  With
the exception of the resurrection spells, there ARE no spells over level 18
which people can use.

>There are two wizards on map /city/taverns/goths. It is an easy level 0
>map which should be used to get information about some quests, but
>the "Wizard with an aura of great power" is strange...  He has no weapons,
>no spells, he's placed on a easy map, he has 1000000 exp, he is level 49,
>and when you attack him the server crashes. There seem to be a major

I think he's also immune to magic and has a very high speed.
 He speaks.  Have you interrogated him?  Does he not work for you?
...  I just checked...
He has 10000 hp, and he's completely immune to magic....  Now that
the whole list is aware that he's worth 1Mexp, i anticipate everyone
trying to kill him.  No one could have known without using the map,
or using DM.  (i.e., cheating)
His speed is also 1.5.  Not an easy kill.
Did you read what he says?  'dwarf' is NOT an appropriate image for him.
Fixes I'd use:  Con 12, Int 12, Str 10, protected 1, and maybe lower
the exp.  Don't make him a dwarf though.

>fault with "arch wizard" so I changed it to "arch dwarf" with "exp 1000"
>temporary to avoid the server crash and unfair exp points.

Try taking him on and see how unfair you think the exp is....

>He could be killed if you attack him with magic bullet or something else,

Take a helluva lot of magic bullets, and he'd be coming after you.

>/* d1mag Don't change a inparameter called be value!! */

Why not?  Bad style, or what?  It's perfectly okay to modify the
copies of the parameters passed on the stack isn't it?

>int hit_player(object *op,int indam, object *hitter, int intype) {
>  char buf[MAX_BUF];
>  int dam = indam;
>  int type = intype;

Regards,