Re: Scrolls and Books?

Chris Hooven wrote:
> I think if you find a scroll and Identify it you should not have to indentify
> it the next time you find the same spell on a scroll. Tha same for books.
> Also how about having a percentile role vers player level to see if they can
> figureout what the spell is. (ie Level+Int/2...25 Level with 18 Int would giv
> 21% change of knowing what the spell is)

 When do you make this roll ? Everytime you pick the scroll up ? Then you
just drop it and pick it up until you identify it. The first time you pick
it up ? Then you have to add a list to every object containing every player
who has already picked it up.
 I don't think the current system is broke enough to need fixing.

--
Rupert G. Goldie, Research Scientist                rgg@aaii.oz.au
Australian Artificial Intelligence Institute