Re: Stormbringer is wimpy

 I just don't really need to see the need to go beyond 30 in stats.

 Also, if the present bonuses are kept, but the bonus from 30->31 is the
same of 29->30, this would create some extremely powerful character.  Most
of the abilities above 28 or so have very large gains.

 Also, adjustments for charisma would need to be changed again, because
otherwise, it would once again be possible to sell items for more than
you buy them for.

 I really don't know - I just haven't seen any really compelling arguement
of why stats should max out at 40 instead of 30.

As for weapon stat improving where the method is
stat_bonus_going_to^2 - present_stat_bonus^2:
First:  If the weapon has intrinsic pluses, do these count (for
example, weapon has +1 in normally.  is going from 6 to 7 7^2-6^2 or
6^2 - 5^2?)

 Also, at least one reason I wouldn't really like it is that then the
players would start pulling out their calculators to figure out how
many potions they need.  IT may make things more difficult, but I don't
really like it for aesthetic reasons.

 Also, with that system, the only reason not to save up and improve in
bug bunches is if you want the stats sooner. (to get to +6, as you
said, will cost 72 potions whether you do it in one batch or 6).  With
the present system, some choice needs to be made.  Do you do it with
2 potions per time, which maximizes stat gain/potion, but will really
burn up how many imrpoves you do, or do you do it with 8 potions and
gain 2 points, stretching the number of improvemetns you make, etc..

 --Mark