Re: Rhyme and Reason behing the game... (artefacts and player killings)

On Mon, 12 Sep 1994, Nick Williams wrote:

> I've been thinking about adding this into the game, and my current idea
> is that alignment should be based as follows:
> there are three "poles" of alignment:
> 1) good/lawful: characters don't kill other good characters/monsters.
> 2) evil: characters kill everyone they see, but are less likely to kill
> other evil characters
> 3) chaotic: characters do whatever they want to.

As I understand right in figure

  Good
     \
       \
         \
           \
             -------- Chaotic
           /
         /
       /
     /
  Evil

So the poles are

  Chaotic (100,0)
  Good    (100,pi/3)
  Evil    (100,2pi/3)

[these are expressed as complex-numbers (finally we get some use
 for complex arithmetic, can't wait to get to implement a
 integration over path with them :)]

So monster is "neutral" if it's equally far from each pole.
And doing some thing {Good,Evil,Chaotic) adds some of aling
unit for example (2,2pi/3) for Evil to monsters alingment.

-- <A HREF="http://www.lut.fi/~hevi/">The Page</A> --