Re: Misc thoughts.

In message <9410131640.AA03375@crun.Corp.Sun.COM>, Adrian Cockcroft - SMCC Prod
uct Marketing Engineering writes:

>> ACtually, the starting stats bonuses/penalties do determine the max for
>>that stat (it is 20 + bonus).  Thus, a barbarian (with penalty 6 int I believ
>e)
>>can have a max int of 14 naturally.  Magical items can still raise it above
>>this.
>
>Why don't we make it a hard limit, so magical items are useful to boost
>lower level characters but don't take you above the natural maximum for
>that character type.

With the current bonuses, this would be bad.  It is also like applying
a sledghammer to open a coke bottle.  The solution is much simpler:
to make high level characters not have all 30's, you limit how much bonus
you can get to stats from an improved weapon.  Let's please use bottle
openers instead of sledghammers?

>The point is to introduce some variety to high level characters, rather
>than having them all at straight 30's for all effective stats.

PeterM