Re: How to cheat in crossfire v 0.91.5

In message <9411012143.AA06118@caliente.cs.ucdavis.edu>, Jason Iness writes:
>  Always being saved at the home base is not always desired I believe.
>Some of the dungeons can be very hard to work your way through if you
>were ALWAYS saved at home base (i.e., between crashes there just might

Does the tail wag the dog or the dog wag the tail?  I would say that:

the server is defective for crashing so much,
the maps are defective for requiring long involvement.

>not be enough time to clear).  Anyway, the point of my post was that I
>have added a hack that places you on the map where you were last
>saved and asks you whether you want to continue from this point.  The
>player can't be attacked while being asked this y/n type question.

This still allows the:  crash-the-server-in-a-treasure-room-in-which-
-you've-saved-yourslef-to-get-unlimited-treasure strategem.
Always save at home.  Eliminating this is more important than allowing
people to continue "hard quests" interrupted by crashes.  Hopefully
crashing will go away:  it might get less frequent if people don't
have vested interest in making the server die.

>If the player answers no, then they are "transported" to home base.
>Works great if you are behind a locked door or about to be placed in
>the middle of a group of 10 dragons or something similar.  I can
>submit this hack if there is interest.

PeterM