Re: CF: Another success story.

In message <199411150513.AA05642@bolero.rahul.net>, Mark Wedel writes:

> But to put it simply, most of the brittany/brest maps are not
>particulary good.  But it is one of the few sets of maps for high
>level characters (dragon cave is another), so I don't really want
>to take it completely out.

What do people think of the dragoncave map anyway?  One person
gave me some positive feedback on it, saying it was one of the few
maps which was actually still challenging.  I'm wondering if it's
OK as is, or if i should add some more character to it?  Is the
treasure balanced?  Is the difficulty curve too steep?  Does it
make folks think that fire/cold immunity don't belong in the game,
or that electricity immunity should be added also?

The pixmap artwork on that map is pretty good IMHO, and I encourage
some people to "cut" and "paste" from those maps (and edit!) when
you want to build cool caves.  Different types of floors are easy
to achieve also:  just do a global search and replace on the archname
of the common types of floors and clean the rest up by hand.

It turns out that building realistic-looking cave walls is lots of
work, and so I encourage people to borrow (cut and paste) from the
dragoncave maps rather than building your own.

Any other suggestions/comments on the dragoncave?  (It's my newest
set of maps so I still consider it in beta release....)

Regards,

PeterM