No Subject

To: crossfire@ifi.uio.no
Subject: CF: The automatic spoiler generation

Someone mentioned here that he had problems compiling the spoiler
file. (He also mentioned setting up LaTeX for this, so I am not
surprised it didn't work out...) The reason given for wanting to do
this was having a printer not capable of colour Postscript.

I recompiled the NETPBM utilities the way I outline in
doc/spoilers/README, and made the trivial changes to makeps so as to
generate black and white Postscript (grayscale, really). The resulting
spoiler.ps is 740kB large (93kB gzipped). The colour version
distributed with 91.1 is 1976kB...

Should grayscale Postscript be made the default? I think even fewer
will be able to compile the spoilers themselves, then, but...

(Many may not be aware that most of the spoiler file is updated
automatically if you customize the spells, graphics and archetypes at
your server.)

Kjetil T.

Mark: I notice that 91.1 comes with spoilers for 90.5. If you like, I
can compile new spoilers prior to release of new versions -- it should
add only an hour to the delay.